Techincally a macaron, these cookies are packed with almond flavor from almond paste, amaretto liquor, and sliced almonds. They're also on the sweet side, so if "really sweet" things aren't your thing, dial back the sugar to 1/2 cup.
- Food processor
- Baking Sheet
- Baking mat or parchment paper
- Almond paste - 7 oz
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- All-puprose flour - 1 cup
- Egg whites - 2
- Lemon - the zest of one-half of a lemon
- Amaretto - 1/8 cup (1 oz)
- Kosher salt - 1 Tbs
- Sliced almonds - 1 cup
- Combine sugar, salt, and almond paste in food processor, and blend until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining wet ingredients (amaretto, egg whites, and lemon zest) and blend for another 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Scoop 2/3 of a tablespoon of cookie dough onto baking sheet covered with either baking mat or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle coarse-grained sugar and almond slices on top of raw cookies.
- Bake for 13 minutes.